No recruiters or overseas applicants please.
Hybrid work from office and work from home.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm or 8am to 4.30pm.
We’re Supersonic Playground, one of Kent’s leading design-led WordPress web design agencies. We’re a friendly bunch of designers, developers, and digital experts. Our team come from a range of backgrounds but we’re all passionate about creating some of the best WordPress websites around, from small brochure websites to big-hitting eCommerce shops, doing work we love and having fun along the way. We’re looking for a Junior Front End and WordPress Developer to join our team and who shares our passion and wants to learn from some of the best in the business. We can give as much training and mentoring as you need, and we have established ways of delivering websites that you can learn from to hone your skills. We’re based just outside of Maidstone, Kent, and we’ve recently moved into brand new, state of the art offices.
You’ll work alongside our designers and developers, using your front end and WordPress skills to help deliver a wide variety of website projects. You’ll work on a range of tasks, from helping with small parts and projects through to bigger ones, once you’re ready. You’ll work on a range of tasks, from building elements within the WordPress admin ready to output to the front end, to coding the front end to match the designs of a project as well as bug fixing, making sure websites are fully responsive and quick to load. We’ll need you to be versatile and have a ‘can do’ attitude, and you’ll be happy to roll up your sleeves and help out wherever you can.
- Entry level Front End and WordPress Developer role
- Experience building websites using WordPress
- WooCommerce and Advanced Custom Themes desirable
- Able to demonstrate previous projects
- Good people skills and a team player
- Good attention to detail
- Formal qualification such as diploma or degree desirable
- Agency or similar experience desirable but not essential
- Hybrid working available
- Flexible working hours
- 34 days holiday (inc. public holidays) per year, increasing by 1 day for each complete year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Training and mentoring plus full Codecademy access
Please note: this role offers hybrid working but you must be able to travel to our offices in Maidstone, Kent for part of the working week.