No recruiters or overseas applicants please.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm or 8am to 4.30pm.
Hybrid work from office and work from home, but you must already live within a commutable distance from our office in Maidstone, Kent.
About the Role
We’re seeking a talented WordPress web designer to join our team. We’d like to speak to people from a range of backgrounds and levels of experience.
You love creating WordPress websites. Perhaps you’re a designer with a creative or visual background, who has experience in creating websites on WordPress using themes, plugins, or code. Or perhaps you’re a developer with more of a coding background, who has experience in building WordPress websites but also has a good visual eye and experience in the design process. You’re driven and a self-starter. You enjoy working as part of a team, but you’re also motivated and able to manage your time when working on your own or from home. You’ll be versatile and have a ‘can do’ attitude, and you’ll be happy to roll up your sleeves and help out wherever you can.
We’re Supersonic Playground, one of Kent’s leading design-led WordPress web design agencies. We’re a friendly team of designers, developers, and digital experts. We come from a range of backgrounds, but we’re all passionate about doing a great job. We create all kinds of websites, from small brochure ones to big eCommerce shops. We’re based just outside of Maidstone, Kent, and we’ve recently moved into brand new, state of the art offices.
About the Role
You’ll work alongside our designers and developers to help deliver a wide variety of website projects. Depending on your skillset, this may include designing and building websites from start to finish, or just developing them based on designs created by another designer. The role includes hybrid working, so you’ll get to work from home some of the time, but it will also primarily be based in our Maidstone office, so you’ll need to be able to commute.
- Mix of design and development skills
- Required: experience of creating websites on WordPress
- Required: able to demonstrate a range of previous projects
- Required: good people skills and a team player
- Required: good attention to detail
- Desirable: HTML5/CSS3/jQuery for front-end development
- Desirable: PHP and custom WordPress theme development
- Desirable: experience of creating eCommerce websites with WooCommerce
- Desirable: formal qualification such as diploma or degree in a relevant subject
- Desirable: agency or similar experience
- Hybrid working available
- Flexible working hours
- 34 days holiday (inc. public holidays) per year, increasing by 1 day for each complete year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Training and mentoring plus full Codecademy access