9 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday, 9 am – 4.30 pm Friday
UK based position – this role requires you to be able to work from our Maidstone office
20 days annual leave per year increasing by 1 day for every year worked (maximum of 30 days) plus all public holidays, plus an extra paid day off for your birthday, early finish on a Friday, company pension scheme, free parking, free fruit and as much tea/coffee as you can drink.
£18 – £20k dependent on experience
Creative Director – Rich Dean
Supersonic Playground are Kent’s leading WordPress and WooCommerce web design agency. We pride ourselves on creating beautifully designed Custom WordPress Websites for a wide range of clients, including small-to-medium-sized businesses throughout London and the south-east, as well as well-known brands such as Virgin Care, NHS and Hospice UK.
We have ambitious growth plans, and we’re looking for a talented and passionate Junior Digital Designer to join our growing team in a unique opportunity.
The role would ideally suit a graduate or someone early in their career with some commercial experience. You’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team, and you’ll be keen to progress your skills and learn from the best in the industry. You’ll support the wider design and development team in delivering the exciting website projects that we create.
You’ll have a creative, can-do attitude with an eye for design and an appreciation for good user experience practices. Good communication skills are essential, you won’t be afraid to ask questions and develop new ways of working.
Technically, you’ll have proven experience in producing website designs for a range of clients and sectors, but your design skills should also span more general graphic design including branding, illustration and design for print. You should be ambitious, driven, a self-starter, and be passionate about all forms of design.
You must be able to demonstrate a solid portfolio of real-world projects and have at least 2 years of experience at a digital agency or similar background. You must also have a design education, with a degree desirable but not essential.
In the longer term, Supersonic Playground has solid growth ambitions, so there will be opportunities for career progression into team leadership and people management – if this is something of interest.
- Formal design education – minimum A level/GNVQ/Diploma in relevant graphic/digital design subject. Degree preferable, but not essential.
- 2+ years of design agency or similar experience
- Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Solid understanding of branding, typography, layout, photography and general graphic design
- Knowledge of print design process desirable, but not essential
- Good interpersonal skills – must be a team player and able to communicate your ideas to other team members and clients
- Meticulous attention to detail – you take pride in your work and strive to the highest standards
- Positive thinker – always sees opportunities, new approaches and ways to improve
- Always willing to go the extra mile to meet project deadlines
- Good communicator and willing to give the Creative Director progress updates at all stages of the project
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrate proactive initiative
- Progressively looks to build interaction with the team, especially the Creative Director
- Not afraid to ask questions if you don’t know the right solution
- To work across a wide range of projects, primarily helping to support the workload of more senior members of the team, but eventually moving towards handling full website design projects on your own as your skills progress
- To deliver high-level designs, including Photoshop/Sketch mock-ups and layouts, wireframes/interactive prototypes, mood boards and illustrations
- To work closely with the project manager and clients to understand project requirements
- To support the more senior members of the design team
- To ensure all client deadlines are met
- To keep abreast of latest industry developments, trends and techniques, and be able to implement them where appropriate
- To learn, develop and grow as a designer by constantly learning new tools, techniques and technologies
What you’ll get from us
We’re a growing and dynamic digital agency who strive to be the best at what we do. Based in the heart of Maidstone, we’re located in a brand new, modern and fully serviced office space just a short walk from the town centre and local amenities.
Quality is at the heart of everything we do, and we have ambitious plans for the future. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step into a role where they can develop their career and join a growing digital agency.