Main office at The Business Terrace, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6JQ
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm Friday
20 days annual leave per year increasing by 1 day for every year worked (maximum of 30 days) plus all public holidays, plus extra paid day off for your birthday, early finish on a Friday, company pension scheme, free parking, free fruit and as much tea/coffee as you can drink
£18 – £20k dependent on experience
Supersonic Playground are Kent’s leading WordPress and WooCommerce web design agency. We pride ourselves on creating beautifully designed and lovingly crafted custom WordPress websites for a wide range of clients, including small-to-medium sized businesses throughout London and the south east, as well as well-known brands such as Virgin Care, NHS and Hospice UK.
We have ambitious growth plans and we’re looking for a talented and passionate Junior Front End and WordPress Developer to join our growing team in a very unique opportunity.
The role would ideally suit a graduate or someone early in their career with some commercial experience. You’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team and you’ll be keen to progress your skills and learn from the best in the industry. You’ll be tasked with supporting the wider design and development team in delivering the exciting website projects that we create.
You should have a keen eye for detail and a desire to improve your skills as a front end and WordPress developer, so experience in both of these fields is a must. Good communication skills are essential, and you won’t be afraid to ask questions and develop better ways of doing things. You’ll have a creative, can-do attitude along with an eye for design and an appreciation of good user experience practices.
- Relevant degree for graduate applications or at least 2 years’ commercial experience for non-degree candidates
- Practical experience of HTML5 and CSS3 is a must
- Experience of working with WordPress is a must, with custom theme development and PHP experience desirable
- Practical understanding and experience of responsive web design
- Experience of CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills – must be a team player and able to communicate your ideas to other team members and clients
- Meticulous attention to detail – you take pride in your work and strive to the highest standards
- Strong organisational skills – you should take pride in coding in a structured and organised way
- Positive thinker – always sees opportunities, new approaches and ways to improve
- Always willing to go the extra mile to meet project deadlines
- Good communicator and willing to give the Creative Director progress updates at all stages of the project
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrate proactive initiative
- Progressively looks to build interaction with the team, especially the Creative Director
- Not afraid to asks questions if you don’t know the right solution
- To work across a wide range of projects, primarily helping to support the workload of more senior members of the team, but eventually moving towards handling full website builds on your own as your skills progress
- To work closely with the project manager and clients to understand project requirements
- To ensure our website projects follow industry standards, best coding practices and accessibility standards
- To ensure all client deadlines are met
- To learn, develop and grow as a front end and WordPress developer by constantly learning new tools, techniques and technologies
- To keep abreast of latest industry developments, trends and techniques, and be able to implement them where appropriate
What you’ll get from us:
We’re a growing and dynamic digital agency who strive to be the best at what we do. Based in the heart of Maidstone, we’re located in a brand new, modern and fully serviced office space just a short walk from the town centre and local amenities. Quality is at the heart of everything we do, and we have ambitious plans for the future. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step into a role where they can develop their career and join a growing digital agency.