9 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday, 9 am – 4.30 pm Friday
UK based position – this role requires you to be able to work from our Maidstone office
20 days annual leave per year increasing by 1 day for every year worked (maximum of 30 days) plus all public holidays, plus an extra paid day off for your birthday, early finish on a Friday, company pension scheme, free parking, free fruit and as much tea/coffee as you can drink.
£27,500 – £32,500 dependent on experience
Creative Director – Rich Dean
Supersonic Playground are Kent’s leading WordPress and WooCommerce web design agency. We pride ourselves on creating beautifully designed Custom WordPress Websites for a wide range of clients, including small-to-medium-sized businesses throughout London and the south-east, as well as well-known brands such as Virgin Care, NHS and Hospice UK.
We have ambitious growth plans, and we’re looking for an ambitious, talented and passionate Senior Digital Designer to join our growing team in a unique opportunity. You’ll have experience in delivering and executing beautiful, high-level website designs for a wide variety of clients and sectors.
The role is primarily a visual design, but user experience design and solid, user-friendly and user-centric design is also important. You should be able to demonstrate experience in creating websites that are not only visually engaging and beautifully designed but are also user-friendly and focus on helping users achieve key goals. You should, therefore, have an understanding of, and ideally experience in, creating wireframes or other interactive prototypes as well as full visual designs.
Excellent fundamental graphic design skills and creative flair are essential to the role as you may also be required to carry out broader graphic design tasks such as branding, illustration and some print design. The role would, therefore, suit you if you have a broader graphic design skill-set and are looking for a diverse and challenging role.
As a creative thinker, you’ll be ambitious, driven and a self-starter. You should be passionate about all forms of design, and you should have a proven track record of producing engaging and effective design, always looking to push the boundaries of what can be achieved. You should also show a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude. We work with a wide range of clients and projects, so you should show versatility and adaptability, and be comfortable working across different types of projects.
You must be able to demonstrate a solid portfolio of real-world projects and have at least 7 years of experience at a digital agency or similar background. You must also have a design education, with a degree desirable but not essential.
In the longer term, Supersonic Playground has solid growth ambitions, so there will be opportunities for career progression into team leadership and people management – if this is something of interest.
- Formal design education – minimum A level/GNVQ/Diploma in relevant graphic/digital design subject. Degree preferable, but not essential.
- 7+ years of design agency or similar experience
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Solid understanding of branding, typography, layout, photography and general graphic design
- Knowledge of WordPress desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of print design process desirable, but not essential
- Good interpersonal skills – must be a team player and able to communicate your ideas to other team members and clients
- Meticulous attention to detail – you take pride in your work and strive to the highest standards
- Positive thinker – always sees opportunities, new approaches and ways to improve
- Always willing to go the extra mile to meet project deadlines
- Good communicator and willing to give the Creative Director progress updates at all stages of the project
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrate proactive initiative
- Progressively looks to build interaction with the team, especially the Creative Director
- Not afraid to ask questions if you don’t know the right solution
- To deliver high-level designs, including Photoshop/Sketch mock-ups and layouts, wireframes/interactive prototypes, mood boards and illustrations
- To work closely with the project manager and clients to understand project requirements
- To take a project from initial designs through to completion, overseeing the project and working with developers to ensure it meets the original project vision
- To ensure all client deadlines are met
- To keep abreast of latest industry developments, trends and techniques, and be able to implement them where appropriate
- To learn, develop and grow as a designer by constantly learning new tools, techniques and technologies
What you’ll get from us
We’re a growing and dynamic digital agency who strive to be the best at what we do. Based in the heart of Maidstone, we’re located in a brand new, modern and fully serviced office space just a short walk from the town centre and local amenities. Quality is at the heart of everything we do, and we have ambitious plans for the future. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step into a role where they can develop their career and join a growing digital agency.